Monday 16 January 2012

Introducing Impa the Siamese Fighting Fish

Yesterday me and Kirby went to the garden centre for fish paroozing and cake (sadly, like we do most Sundays..) and I was feeling slightly sorry for myself as I think I've got a chest infection and what was the result of a downhearted Melanie? Why a new betta of course! I wouldn't normally be interested in the females, usually they are incredibly drab and I've always been far more enamoured by male betta fish. But yesterday, I spied myself a beauty. The first time round I didnt even bother looking in the female betta tank as it was blocked from view and I didn't really care. But on my way out I had a massive urge to go back and see them, and I am so glad I did.

Here she is, my beautiful Impa my impulse fishie.



Impa is going to be living in a breeder box in my planted community tank in the kitchen until I get her a heater to go in her own tank. I have a spare cycled filter and a tank all waiting for her.

After losing quite a lot of her colour on the journey home in the car, Impa has settled in superbly and her colours are brightening up and everyone in the tank has come to say hello.






Impa is a pink and purple veiltail female siamese fighting fish (betta splenden).

1 comment:

  1. Pretty! Love her colors! My veiltail male is red with some blue on his fins.

    ReplyDelete