Friday 6 January 2012

Moving tanks

It only took a few weeks, and Jazz has had to move tank. I decided that his 4gallon was definitely too small for him with how active he is, and so he has been upgraded to a 9gallon. At first I was slightly worried that Jazz's constant movement and what looked to be playfulness, was actually a sign of stress with the move, but seen as he has been with me a few weeks and has greedily eaten everything I have tried to feed him and hasn't flared once, I've decided that this is just who he is. I'm happy to say that he absolutely loves his new bigger tank :)



It's interesting to see that different betta prefer different sized tanks. This 9 gallon is Genie's old tank before he was moved into a 4gallon when he first developed signs of fin rot. I could tell straight away that Genie preferred the smaller space of the 4 gallon tank, whereas Jazz certainly prefers more room. I would definitely go no smaller than a 4gallon for a betta fish - but it was an interesting exercise all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment